Good to Go will open at 11 am, today, August 14, 2016, and stay open a bit later depending on business. We recommend calling ahead or checking this space for recent changes in the menu or hours. Our menus will change regularly, thanks to all you wonderful, hungry people, and the great variety of food available.
Good to Go is finally going! As you can see from the new link at the top of the page, we have a takeout menu now! Check it out here, or download the PDF version of the Good to Go Takeout Menu for printing.
Remember, the menu does change regularly, so be sure to check the board when you come in for specials and changes.
We will be open tonight during the Folk Fest in Cherry Valley (right across the street).
Here’s a short, how-to-make-bone-broth video from Robin. This is the beef bone broth we’ll be selling at Good to Go.
The organic, grass-fed beef bones and the organic apple cider vinegar are from Nectar Hills Farm.
The New York Times has discovered the wonders of bone broth, which is taking Manhattan restaurants by storm.
Here at Good to Go, we say, welcome to the party! Robin discovered bone broth years ago, when our friend Sonia Sola of Nectar Hills Farm told Robin to watch a scientist’s video about it on You Tube (there are many you can easily find with a search).
From the NY Times article:
“When you talk to chefs about this, everyone’s head is exploding,” said the chef Marco Canora, who has just opened Brodo, a storefront window in the East Village attached to his restaurant, Hearth, where three different flavorful broths are dispensed in paper cups. Like an espresso drink, the broths at Brodo can be customized, with add-ins like grated fresh turmeric, house-made chile oil and bone marrow from grass-fed cattle, which transforms plainly delicious broth into a richly satisfying snack.
Robin’s specialty is beef bone broth made with organic, grass-fed beef or lamb. It’s much more than just boiled bones. She has perfected an entire process that results in a creamy, meaty, delicious broth into which she can add the vegetables, mushrooms, or eggs of your choice!
How cool is that? Order a cup of bone broth and drink it while you stand at our little counter–or, the “bone broth bar.”
And, of course, we can put it in a to-go cup! Now that’s Good to Go!
Here’s the menu for the sample tasting today, at 5 pm, at the Cherry Branch Gallery in Cherry Valley, NY.
- Organic, award-winning, Texas-style, Supak Family Chili
- Organic adzuki beans
- Organic blue and NY sweet corn cakes
- Organic shitake and leak bone broth (grassfed beef bones from Nectar Hills farm)
- Organic cashew chicken curry
- Organic vegan sushi rolls w/ organic, NY tamari
- Organic vinaigrette vegetable medley
- Organic Spanish Frittata
- Organic whole wheat bread by Frasca
- Organic Pecan dark (fair trade) chocolate cookies
- Organic, dark (fair trade) chocolate, mixed nut bark
- Organic green tea with pomegranate and mint
And here are the local sources for the ingredients:
- Organic, award-winning, Texas-style, Supak Family Chili made with: 100% grassfed, organic, fresh-ground chuck from Highlander cattle from Nectar Hills Farm; and Ommegang Hennepin Ale.
- Various organic vegetables and herbs from the Kremer Farm in Cherry Valley
- Organic, pasture-raised eggs from Hidden Camp Farm in Canajoharie
- Organic corn from Peterson Farms in the Hawthorn Valley, NY
- Organic flour from Champlain Valley Milling, West Port, NY
- Red potatoes from Fassett Vegetable stand in Cherry Valley
- Garlic, mint, and herbs from the Supak family garden in Cherry Valley