The following is a letter from Robin Supak to people who live in the upstate area around Cherry Valley New York, including Sharon Springs, Richfield Springs, Roseboom, Cooperstown, and the surrounding towns:
Hello Real Food Lovers,
If you received this letter, it means someone you know thinks you’re interested in a more sustainable and nurturing community, a community where locally grown and prepared food is as important to the soul as fresh air and clean water.
Good to Go is a family-owned, local/organic take-out start-up restaurant that is so close to opening we can taste it, and it tastes amazing.
In July, we received a $22,100 micro-enterprise grant from Otsego County (beating out dozens of other applicants). The grant covers major equipment like an exhaust hood, range, refrigerators & freezers, a water heater, and sinks. Unfortunately, the grant doesn’t cover labor. Using a new crowd-sourcing strategy, we have been selling shares of Good to Go to family, friends, and neighbors for the past year, but we are still $8,000 shy of having the funds to open the store.
And that’s where you come in!
Investors of as little as $100 per share will be paid their share of the LLC profits annually. Six months after opening, we will begin buying back shares in 20 quarterly installments. Stockholders continue receiving their full share of the profits until all shares have been repurchased.
Your investment in this energetic new restaurant will provide Cherry Valley with:
• Locally grown organic meats and veggies
• Multi-day marinades that make even the leanest grass-fed meats succulent
• Sustainable seafood
• Nutritious & deliciously prepared non-GMO food, free of high fructose corn syrup & MSG
• Live foods, like smoothies, kefir, apple cider vinegar, and sprouted foods
• A chef with a fundamental understanding of bio-availability, food pairing & spicing for maximum vitamin, anti-oxidant, and enzymatic absorption
• Personal attention: I’ll make your dishes the way you want them, made with a mother’s love, remembering you & your family’s dietary quirks and restrictions. I’ll generally bend over backwards to make you happy. It’s my M.O.
Investing in Good to Go puts you in the company of distinguished local luminaries, such as: Dr. Michael Geci, Maureen Newman, Donna Harnett, Charlie & Karen Kremer, Rog & Dot Smith (Spurbeck’s Grocery), Angelica Palmer (Green Circle Accounting), Sonia Sola (Nectar Hills Farm), Springfield town supervisor Bill Elsey, and artists Kathy Minnig, Vicki Whicker, and Bill Issac. Acclaimed multidisciplinary designer Harriet Spear is earning shares creating our logo!
I hope you’ll want to join this growing community of healthy, dedicated people who appreciate the importance of locally grown, locally sourced, and most importantly, locally prepared & distributed food.
In Food I Trust,
You can download the letter here if you’d like to share it with your friends.